Friday, September 21, 2012

A love note to the Northern Alps



Between chemotherapy and surgery, Sam and I travelled to Annecy and then Haute Luce for a rest.

The sunshine and scenery breathed new life into our weary souls.


Friends Mark and Fanny welcomed us into their home. They took us swimming in Lake Annecy.  I wasn't feeling comfortable in my appearance, and at first I was a little nervous of letting the world see my swimsuited body.  Following Fanny's assured lead, I bared my head to the sun, my body to the cool water and took the plunge.  If people stared, I didn't notice.  I was too busy enjoying the experience.


One beautiful morning, Mark took Sam and I cycling.  For the first time since my chemotherapy had begun, I felt like I might have good cycling legs. I plan to return next summer and climb some cols.






No comments:

Post a Comment