Saturday, February 23, 2013

"Life is long if you know how to use it"

"Life is long if you know how to use it" - Seneca



I have done some winter training which I can be proud of.  Perhaps not the milage that I might have covered in previous seasons, but it has been a good start. My goals are different this year.




Back in December I began my efforts to claw my way back to fitness. I suppose that I have to admit to being unhappy that my body has changed. I am not in the physical condition that I was.  I don't like the way I've put on weight and have found it a challenge to do more than two training sessions during the week.  Being philosophical, I know that I am expecting too much of myself.

"You act like mortals in all that you fear, and like immortals in all that you desire". - Seneca




The path to happiness and a body that I'm comfortable in comes through cycling lots and spending time with lovely people.  Coffee stops, talking nonsense on country lanes, sunshine, smiles, monitoring weekly improvement by managing not to have a coronary on particular hills; these are the things which make my heart beat.  I'm trying to learn how to live.  







No comments:

Post a Comment