It's still one of my favourites.
- When fishes flew and forests walked
And figs grew upon thorn,
- Some moment when the moon was blood
- Then surely I was born.
- With monstrous head and sickening cry
- And ears like errant wings,
- The devil's walking parody
- On all four-footed things.
- The tattered outlaw of the earth,
- Of ancient crooked will;
- Starve, scourge, deride me: I am dumb,
- I keep my secret still.
- Fools! For I also had my hour;
- One far fierce hour and sweet:
- There was a shout about my ears,
- And palms before my feet.