Sunday, February 27, 2011

Angels of the North Road



Beautiful sunshine, hearty climbs and heaps of support from team mates and friends put me in a positive frame of mind for approaching today's race.  The North Road Hardriders is an iconic, early season time trial which claims hardmen such as Chris Boardman amongst its winners. The course had been shortened due to road works but was still hard enough for me.

I felt focused and calm approaching the startline.  I think I rode a good race and am happy with my result.  Most pleasing is the feeling that I've knocked seven bells out of my legs.  Today I hurt in a good way.

There was a good atmosphere back at HQ and some faces that I've not seen in a while.  Wouter Sybrandy again proved that he is an incredible tester and won the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment