Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fun Run



Susannah and I have run together before.  Years ago, I remember, she set a very uncomfortable pace during a lap around the lanes near our parents' house.  I wasn't very fit.   It hurt and we didn't do it again in a hurry. It has taken me some time but I am completely over the humiliation.

It was a beautiful morning as we set of for the Abington 10km.  Completely aware that once again I was about to be out run by my baby sister, I was more than a little nervous.  Susannah had decided that she would run with me.  She is going to do the Great Eastern half marathon next weekend so a gentle training race seemed like a good idea.

We started off steadily. Watching her adorable running club friends disappear into the distance, I realised that I was going to have to pace myself if I wanted to complete the course in a respectable time. Susannah kept talking to me throughout the race, giving me tips and keeping me focused. I crossed the line in 50 minutes38 seconds, but it was very much a team effort.




No comments:

Post a Comment