Sunday, February 13, 2011

Time waits for no man

Terrified and struggling to contain my nerves, I won the ITT stage of the Bedford 2-Day back in 2009. 

I had made it through day one narrowly avoiding crashes and in fear for my life. My confidence was at an all time low when I began warming up for the individual time trial stage.






Helpfully, a couple of friends had joked that I was in for a kicking by some talented juniors.  I focused on preparing as best I could.

Remembering at the National 10TT a year before, my coach Guy Andrews had kept me moving right up to the start, I stayed on the turbo as long as I could.  Arriving on the line with little time to spare, I quickly found my rhythm and threw myself into the race. 

The ride felt good: up hill and against a headwind are the sort of challenges my rowing background seems to favour.  I knew I had gone as well as I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment