Friday, March 30, 2012

The Best of North Yorkshire


You would be forgiven for thinking this was a photo of the Mediterranean, rather than the North Sea.  The weather in Whitby and surrounding moorlands has been incredible this week.  Thanks to Lynne, Sam's angel-mum, we're staying here for a few days before heading further north to see my own angel-mother.


Yesterday Sam and I did little more than ride a 35km loop on our bicycles, passing through Grosmont and up the climb out of the village and back into Whitby. 


It isn't flat, but I've always enjoyed a challenge.  The clean Yorkshire air and the beautiful sunshine make me want to ride.  I enjoy spending time here.



Today's ride took us out to Dalby, once the home of World Cup Mountain Biking.  I'm slow on the hilly bits and feel like there is a large slab of concrete on my lungs when I'm climbing.  This will pass, but for now it means I have to be determined that I am going to push up whatever the road throws at me.


No comments:

Post a Comment